Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pats run over?

So, did not get this at the end of tonight's show but how about that Seahawks comeback against New England. With the Pats up 23-10 with under 10 minutes to play, I turned my attention away from the New England game. As it turns out, Russell Wilson led the to a 24-23 victory with two late touchdown passes, with the winning score coming with 1:14 remaining in the game.

Now this is the part I love the most. The Patriots teams of the past, would not have lost that game.
         1. The defense would not have given up those two late scores.      
         2. Tom Brady leads that team to at least a field goal with 1:14 remaining in the game.

Finally, Bill Belichick's arrogance (in my opinion) has come back to bite him. With 6 seconds left in the first half, the Pats had the ball at the Seattle 5 yard line. Normally, you kick a field goal in that situation and take the points. But of course, Belichick, with his over confidence in Tom Brady, decided to go for the touchdown, and Brady made a silly intentional grounding mistake that resulted in a 10 second run off, and halftime. No points. If they take the field goal there, they win the game. These risks that New England has lived by the past decade are not working anymore.

In the past, New England would have won that close Arizona game, won that close Baltimore game, and won this game. That "magic" that they seemed to have for years is not on their side this year. A rookie quarterback just beat Tom Brady. The run  is over Pats fans. I loved seeing your whining, complain  reactions on Twitter and Facebook after the game. I just wish I could have seen them in person. However, there is no reason for you to complain, you have dominated the NFL for a decade now and the  run may be over.

I know I can't talk much given the Eagles play lately, but I am writing this as an NFL fan. As my good friend Elijah Ryan has said, "I am a student of the game first, fan second." This post would not be complete if I did not given a shout out to my co-host Hunter Julius, saying before this comeback that Russell Wilson is the best rookie quarterback in the league so far. Props to you Hunter.

PASS THE TORCH NEW ENGLAND!                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment