Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Football


As I'm stuck in traffic at the I'm writing this, I begin to think how ingrained football has become in our country. Throughout the day you can watch football, from your local high schools to collegiate and the professionals wearing their throwbacks. I'm not saying that everyone watches football, that's a given, but Thanksgiving football is one of the best ways to try to get them into the sport. A saying I'm heard a bit is the 3 F's on Thanksgiving. In case you're not aware of them they are family, food and football. Not a bad pairing.

For today's matchups we have the 9-1 Houston Texans against the 4-6 Detroit lions. I think this will go down to the wire. Even with the Lions having a sub-par record so far. I expect them to give the Texans a run for their money. (Of course as I'm writing this the Lions are winning(34-24)

Another game on today is the Washington vs. Dallas game. I think that this one will also be a close game. With the Redskins recording a great win over the struggling Eagles (3-7) in their last game. At 4-6, Washington is 3rd in the NFC East. With New York at 6-4, if the dice roll in Washington's favor we could see Washington winning the division with the Giants and the Cowboys both struggling in the division. The only way I see the Eagles winning the division is if they win out and  have Washington, Dallas and New York all having 7 or less wins.
  
And the last game on the schedule tonight is the New England vs. New York game. With the Patriots at 7-3 and the J-E-T-S jets at 4-6 ,it should be interesting to see if the Jets can keep the winning streak alive after their win against St. Louis. While with New England coming off their impressive victory against Andrew Luck and the surging colt.
Thanksgiving is one of the best day for football. Hope you all enjoy your day, and enjoy your football. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment